Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Voyage Unlike Any Other

There is really no way to describe the Tom Stoppard Triology currently playing at Lincoln Center until May 13 other than to use the words of Stoppard. "This is a moment. A moment? Yes, a moment." The moment that is The Coast of Utopia, actually 8 hours of Russian philosophical dramatic moments - none of which should be missed. Of everything this season, I only missed one show, "The Times They Are A Changin'"(and something tells me that I didn't miss much.), nothing has been as amazing and overwhelming that is the journey with the cast of The Coast of Utopia.

The sets, the lights, the costumes, and the most remarkable cast of 44 actors make this an experience unlike any other. Guided by, I am going to say it - Theatrical Genius, Jack O'Brien, The Coast of Utopia takes the amazing words of the fabulous Tom Stoppard and turns them into the most captivating philosophical drama I have ever experienced.

The run is almost over, and I really don't know what reading the plays would be like. But if it is all you can do, go to amazon.com and order them now. This is not to be missed.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I've heard of this. I did like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead quite a lot... maybe I ought to check this out as well.